Nestling in a pretty garden a few kilometres from Trou aux Biches and Grand Baie, Mont Choisy Hotel overlooks a delightful beach of golden sand bordered by filao trees. A good part of its success is due to the atmosphere skilfully created by local staff, always respecting the traditional welcome, hospitality and gastronomy of the island.
Here you can discover a wide range of recreational and sporting activities and entertainment, for young and old alike. Without forgetting the many excursions available, allowing you discover this colourful island for yourself through your ground agent.
- 20 min from Port-Louis, 10 min from the very lively tourist village of Grand Baie.
- 3 kilometers from the town of Triolet.
- A shuttle service runs between the hotel and the town centre (fare payable).
- 1½ hours from SSR International Airport. A shuttle service runs between the hotel and the airport (fare payable).
Category: 3* (local rating)
88 rooms (approx. area: 24 m²) distributed on 9 bungalows:
- 22 Double rooms, 22 Twins and 44 Triples
- 10 rooms have communicating doors
- 16 rooms are sea facing and the remaining have sea, pool or garden views
- All rooms have a balcony or terrace
- Individually-controlled airconditioning, telephone, satellite television, safe, mini-bar
- Shower room with hair dryer and washing line.
- Cots (for children up to 5 years old) and children’s beds (for children up to 12 years old) are available. No charge is made when 2 children share their parents’ room.
- Children’s menus and seats available.
- Children’s play area and separate pool.
- The children’s club for 2-12 year olds is open from 9.30am to 5.30 pm. Closed on Sunday. Trained monitors organize a range of outdoor games and activities with many based around local traditions and nature. Membership is free. Lunch and mid afternoon option (with supplement).
- Babysitting on request (chargeable)
Food and Beverage
- High quality international buffets are served in the hotel’s “Le Cotomili” restaurant and Continental breakfast
Dinner from 19:30 to 22:00
- The “Le Wahoo” beach bar-restaurant is open to half-board and full-board guests from 12:00 to 15:00 and 19:30 to 22:00, serving Creole, seafood menus and spiny lobster.
- The “La Canne à Sucre” bar is open every day.
- The poolside snack bar is open every day from 11:00 to 17:00.
- The poolside Grill-Bar “Case Ti Pima”, is open every day from 12:00 to 06:00 p.m
Sports and Leisure
Free facilities within the hotel:
- The peaceful natural lagoon beach is private, supervised and offers a variety of sports activities. The beach has lilos, parasols and beach towels available. 1 team responsible for entertainment and sports.
- 1 outdoor fresh water play pool (240 m²). Sun loungers, lilos, parasols and beach towels are available.
- 2 Jacuzzis
- 2 tennis hard courts, volleyball court, table tennis, boules area
- Windsurfing, dinghies, sailing, water skiing, kayaking, pedal boats, diving (without aqualung)
Chargeable facilities within the hotel:
- Diving centre offering beginners’ courses and lessons (first free).
- Daily schuttle to Grand Bay
Entertainment within the hotel:
- Daytime: Training and guidance are provided by the hotel’s sports and entertainments team.
- Sports activities:
- Aquagym Gymnastics tuition
- Table tennis sailing
- Kayaking Water skiing
- Windsurfing Water polo
- Tropical fruit tastings on the beach
- Creole cooking demonstrations and tastings in the Grill Bar Case Ti Pima
- Sari wearing demonstration
- Séga dancing classes
- Pre-dinner games: Cocktail Demonstration
- Parlour games: Cards, Dominoes, Carom, Solitaire, Monopoly, Backgammon, Scrabble, Chess and Checkers.
- Outdoor games: Urchin hunt, mini-Olympics
- Pool games: volley polo
- Themed evenings: Indian, Arab, Mauritian, Chinese, Italian, Pirate.
- International Shows: Indian, Mauritian, Song contest. Fire Show , Sega
- Folk evenings: Mauritian, Sega, cabaret, karaoke…
- Treasure hunt
- Entertainment is presented in English and French
- Theatre, dance floor
Services near to the hotel but independent of it (charge payable):
- Excursions from the hotel:
- Catamaran trips to the Ilot Gabriel
- Blue Safari to enjoy the submarine world
- Pirate trip by sailing boat
- Big game fishing & Diving centre
- Glass bottom boat trips
- Massages & Hair Dresser
For your convenience
- Private secure parking
- Baggage room available on arrival on departure
- Reception staff speak English and French
- Credit/debit cards accepted: Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Diner’s Club…
- Laundry and ironing service
- Shop, Newsagent, Medical service, ground agent desk (open from 08:30 to 16:00 daily except Sundays and public holidays), Car rental desk, Foreign Exchange
- Babysitting service (approx. 5 Euros per hour*)
Conference or Seminars
- 2 meeting rooms
- Technical and audiovisual equipment
- Single point of contact
Le Jacaranda Room – 160SqM accommodating between 60 to 300 persons
Le Barachois Room – 80SqM accommodating between 40 and 175 persons