CIVIL WEDDING IN MAURITIUS
Should a couple wish to get married in Mauritius, Cap Soleil will handle all the formalities. The civil wedding could either be celebrated at the hotel where the couple is residing, on a beach and why not on a catamaran while contemplating a sunset with a glass of champagne…
Before the wedding could happen, both concerned parties should produce original documents, at least two months before, to our agency at 5 Impasse des Ibis – Sodnac – Quatre Bornes – Mauritius. Once approved by the authorities, the wedding can be organised and celebrated within 24 hours except on Saturday, Sunday and public holidays.
Cap Soleil Representative will assist the clients for the formalities from A to Z. To help us in the said formalities and organise the civil marriage, the following steps should be respected: A copy of the following documents should reach Cap Soleil two months prior to the arrival of the couple either by facsimile or by mail:
1. Birth certificate of each person
2. The first three pages of their respective passport
3. If one or both persons is (are) divorced or widow/widower, a copy of a testimonial should be produced.
4. If there has been a change of name, a testified document should be produced.
5. Proof of occupation of each person
6. The actual full address of each person
7. If the future wife is divorced or is a widow, the name of her deceased husband as well as her name (before she got married) should be given.
1. A widow or a divorced woman is not authorised to remarry before 300 days after the death of her husband or after having obtained the divorce.
2. However, a wedding is possible on presentation of a medical certificate established by a local doctor certifying that she is not pregnant. Should the result be positive, the wedding could not be celebrated?
3. All documents should be in either English or French and compulsorily certified. Prior to the swearing the affidavit at the Supreme Court, all original documents should be produced to the Civil Status Office in Port Louis.
4. Weddings can’t be celebrated on Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays.
5. Cap Soleil will handle all formalities of the civil marriage
6. Should the couple wishes to celebrate a religious wedding, have a party after the wedding, Cap Soleil can organise the same at the clients’ expenses.
7. Decoration expenses, flowers, cakes, drinks, video, photos etc can be organised by Cap Soleil and paid locally.
Net rates for the services - Euro 425 which include the following:
1. The cost of the affidavit
2. The cost of the official publication
3. The cost of transporting the clients with our Representative from the hotel to the Supreme Court, to the Civil Status of the locality and back.
4. The cost of the Civil Status Officer for his transport and service (Ceremony at the hotel)
5. Administrative cost (Telephone & fax etc)
Should one or both persons don’t speak either English or French, Cap Soleil will avail an interpreter (compulsory) against payment of Euro 125 for the following services:
1. Cost of the affidavit for the interpreter
2. Transfer cost to enable the interpreter to come to the hotel on the day of the wedding and back
3. Other expenses of the interpreter
keep us informed prior to the arrival of the clients
Photocopy of the following certified documents, in either English or French, should be addressed to the Port Louis Bishop’s Office (Tel: +230 2083068) and whereas the documents for the civil marriage to our agency Cap Soleil.
Link of the Diocese: http://www.dioceseportlouis.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=649&Itemid=381
1. Certificate of confirmation (For the Anglicans)
2. The baptism certificate aging not less than six months
3. Letter from their priest or the mayor certifying that the couple has never been married before
Our offer is subject to changes without prior notice
N.B: Please be informed that a mock wedding does not need to bear all the above formalities and costs much cheaper…